Food Photography & Styling Workshop
Date: 23rd March 2019
Time: 9am to 5pm (lunch provided)
Location: Sunshine Coast
I am so excited to ask you to join me for a day of creativity and fun. I would like to open my Sunshine Coast studio to 8 people who simply enjoy food + photography. As a photographer with over 25 years professional experience and a licentiate member of the AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photographers) I have been photographing food and wine for books, magazines and various national & international publications and would love to share some of my inspiration with you.
Food photography is not just about taking good images – it’s about enticing the audience to be a part of your story. By choosing the right props, using good lighting & photography technique you can allow others to experience the tastes you have on offer!
- Anyone with an interest in food photography (complete beginners & hobbyists)
- Food or lifestyle bloggers looking for inspiration
- Chefs or food professionals
- Aspiring food photographers
- Future instagram stars!
Learn simple techniques as I share cheap hacks that you can use at home to get a professional look. We begin our day by painting & creating your own personal background photo board (the backbone of any shoot) that you get to take home!
With step-by-step demos, we will explore textures, props, staging & lighting. Everyone will have an opportunity to stage their very own professional photoshoot, and learn some post-processing techniques as well.
- How to create your own photography backdrops
- Staging & Styling
- Lighting (natural light & studio light)
- Composition techniques
- Camera basics*
- Post Production – Editing in
- Lunch (let me know if you have special dietary requirements)
- Everything to create your own personal photo board to take home.
- All photography props, lighting & studio equipment supplied
- A fun-filled day of creativity
What do I bring?
- DSLR Camera recommended, but phones welcome. I will also have my photography gear available to have a play on.
- Open mind & creative
Spaces limited – first come first served basis.
Classes are limited to 8 people.
*Book into my beginners photography class if you would like to learn about how to use & set up your camera.